Youth Venture Programme
Ashoka’s Youth Venture is an international community of young changemakers, with over 6,000 Venture teams in 23 countries across the globe. The aim of the programme is to help create an Everyone A Changemaker World™ ¬ a world that responds quickly and effectively to social challenges, and where each individual has the freedom, confidence and societal support to address any social problem and drive change.
Youth Venture was developed from understanding a key insight of Ashoka Fellows in the field of youth development: one of the most effective ways to engage the youth in the process of changemaking is to help them realize and understand their own ability to make positive social change.
As part of its global strategy, Youth Venture inspires and supports young people to launch and lead their own “Ventures” – community-benefiting initiatives, clubs, organizations and businesses. Our Youth Venturers access workshops, adult ally (non-controlling advisors), a global network of like-minded young changemakers, and fundraising tools to establish their own Ventures that solve social problems around them.
Youth Venture India
Youth Venture India is building an ecosystem of support for the youth to be CHANGEMAKERS by connecting the key stakeholders in the society. In addition to identifying, selecting and supporting young changemakers (Youth Venturers), the programme is also building partnerships with educational institutes, youth organizations, and state governments to help build the ecosystem of support.
What do we do?
- Find- We find the most important social change ideas
- Support - We support the entrepreneurs behind them to ensure maximum impact
- Integrate - We integrate new ideas and initiatives by connecting social, business, financial and university leaders to build an “eco-system” of initiatives that solve the fast-growing social needs of the world.
Who are our Youth Venturers?
Young people between ages 12 and 20 years old who:
- are leading SOCIAL CHANGE and creating IMPACT on their communities
- have credible business plans that will be SUSTAINABLE
- exhibit changemaking skills: EMPATHY, CREATIVITY, LEADERSHIP, TEAMWORK
- have an adult “ALLY/ADVISOR” willing to support, but not control the venture
- work with a STRONG TEAM
Call for applications for ‘Youth Venturers’ selection
Ashoka India invites applications for its Youth Venture programme for young social innovators to be selected as Youth Venturers. Please read ‘Who are our Youth Venturers?’ for selection criteria.
For the application form, click here.
To open the call for application poster, click here.
For further details about the program, please reach out to
Raghav Khemka at firstname.lastname@example.org/+919945642138
Asha Nidumolu at email@example.com/+918861948752
Shivali Joshi at firstname.lastname@example.org/+917506889034